Tuesday, February 06, 2007

News....

I've had a very busy new year when I come to think of it.

There was the big decision.

That is to actually hand in my application for a career break.

I don't know what made me take the plunge in the end, but I did, and here I am.

Only seven months, less until I get out of Dublin.

Until I get married.

I am so excited, nervous, terrified, afraid, happy and all the bundles of feelings.

I didn't think it was allowed to be scared.

But my most adventurous friend asked me was I feeling anxious.

I said, 'patcha'

And she said, 'I would be'

I looked at her, 'would you?'

'Yes. I think you're right to do it, but I would be scared.'

'Well, I suppose I am a bit', I said.

Blogsblogsblogs of information from people all around the world.

We're trying to put together an itinerary.

Then I keep thinking of that Jewish joke

'How do you make God laugh?'

'Tell him your plans'

Maybe I shouldn't be excited about the year off.

It might never happen after all.

I should just live in the here and now.

But if I do that, well, I could end up in Mumbai without a clue how I got there.

And I am kind of living in the here and now.

I've been busy - meeting up with people, doing fitness things in an attempt to lose the blubber.

I still haven't finished the first draft of the book.

And I haven't been blogging.

But I've been busy.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Irish Bloggers