Tuesday, May 09, 2006

sunshiny days



My dad called me and we met for lunch today.

It was beaming down and we sat outside that lovely eaterie/drinkerie in the Italian quarter, or Wallacevera dependint on what you make of it.

I never know what it's called, but it is a blissful place to imbide a bit of wine and italian cheese and bread.

It was so lovely, sitting there, my dad and me, like we never do, having a chat and a laugh.

Enjoying each other's company. I was so happy and content.

The waitress was a gem, smiling and happy.

After our pasta he ordered a black coffee and I said I'll have a cappuchino.

Then I felt stupid and added, 'I know you're not meant to order them after lunch, but they taste so good'

And she smiled, leant in and said, 'don't worry, I drink them after breakfast too'.

My dad was mystified, as I explained that the Rough Guide had said it was a real touristy cultural offence to order cappuchino after 12ish as they are a breakfast drink.

He laughed and told me that one of his mates, on a business trip to Paris a few years ago, had been treated to a lovely fancy dinner. After the meal, which involved copious courses and frothy fancy confections, and dinnery items galore, as the light dimmed and the other guests began to leave, the waiter asked him would he like coffee.

'Oui' he says, in his best leaving cert French, 'un café au lait, s'il vous plait'

The waiter sniffed, tired of this philistine.

'Avec croissant?' he asked, in heavily sarcastic tones.

Of course we have the breakfast roll I suppose. And you'd be hard pressed to find a nice one after lunch-time, not the done thing at all really.

Comments:
Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

"BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Irish Bloggers