Thursday, November 03, 2005

Inventing new words

I invented a new word today, and I think it was my first one ever.

Although previously I have believed that I invented one only to discover that someone else got there first (one such word is puzzical, which means to look at someone in a puzzled fashion, not to be confused with quizzical. I was assured that puzzical exists heretofore and was also told it is a crap word).

But today's word? I even googled it and no results came up, which I take as a positive sign.

The word:

Blingionnaire.

A perfect synthesis of bling and dosh.

I'm not sure why my word had to be so low-fi on the intellectual front, or why it had to contain the word bling which is very passé, but hey, I still am happy with my literary endeavours today none the less.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Irish Bloggers