Monday, December 06, 2004

Job, not of the biblical variety

Hideous, cringe worthy, ghastly. My interview this afternoon. What self-harming instinct draws me to place my bruised ego and dishevelled frame in the hand of unsuspecting interviewers?

Normally I prepare, thinking about all the ways they can trip me up, and getting into that zone, where I don't think I'm hilarious and you are hilarious, and it is all just a gas. Or avoiding that inner show-(wo)man who has to improvise ways of making my here-to-fore indistinct career sound amusing, intelligent and interesting. Not today, no siree.

Instead I shone, crashed and burned. At least, I suppose, it is good that I realised after twenty minutes of garble that I don't want the job and these guys don't want me to have it. Yet, all that time spent ironing the suit, polishing the shoes, what a waste.

Went to the gym later and played at being retired. It was empty and I was terribly annoyed that I'd forgotten the swimsuit. Lots of huffing and puffing, skiing and cycling whilst watching Murder She Wrote (Jessica Fletcher's deceased husband - God rest his soul - was being falsely accused - post-humously - of MURDER).

Terribly irritated that I had to leave mid-way through, and can only assume that Jessica discovered that the MURDERER was her husband's right hand man who was making a play to be her paramour - although I did also suspect the sinister man was pretending to be the victim's daughter's companion... in fact I believe the TWIST may have been that he was the victim himself...but what about the corpse you say?

None the less, I had to leave, so I don't know. In a state of exhaustion, I went and hung around with my aunt, smoked, drank coffee and gossiped like no-one's business.

A word of advice - take tomorrow off and hang around with your auntie and Jessica Fletcher, but don't bother with the interview, unless you want the job that is.

Comments:
Nope.

The murderer was the uncle of the victims daughter. Who wasn't her Uncle but a deserter after some smuggled diamonds. Man I was bored this afternoon LOL!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Irish Bloggers