Monday, December 13, 2004

Bullitt

Sunday dinner - roast chicken - and an evening of TV:

Just watched Bullitt with Steve McQueen, 1968.

Good film, but missed the first twenty minutes, so slightly confused.

Enjoyed the cinematography - nicely directed - checked Peter Yates' details and I don't think I've seen any of his other stuff. Although he did the original The Saint TV series, which is probably really impressive, I wouldn't know.

Also watched a Body in the Library, first in the series of a remake of Agatha Christie's Mrs Marple Series. Great - but I'd already read the book. Not as though it mattered, memory of a goldfish me. Turns out they turned the ending around to liven it up for TV audiences - became 'the love that knows no name', and in all honesty the effect was good.

Yawn, off to bed, zzzzz.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Irish Bloggers